Resident Care Provider/LNA
Location: Maple Ridge Memory Care and Lodge – Essex, VT 05452
Hours: Full Time & Part Time All Shifts
The Resident Care Provider or LNA performs the resident services tasks as assigned by the Director of Nursing. Our services are a prime focus for our Resident Care department. This position provides service and care to each resident in a timely efficient manner. Maintain high resident and family satisfaction, meet high expectations, and ensure that HallKeen Assisted Living services are implemented in a service/customer focused manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to complete with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Provides activities of daily living assistance to the residents as directed from each
Resident’s Service Plan.
- Understands and complies with all Resident Rights.
- Works well with older adults of all abilities, showing understanding and patience.
- Prioritizes tasks to ensure optimum services to residents as requests and needs change.
- Regardless of which shift, this is an awake-position. Sleeping or resting while on duty is
strictly not permitted and Associate must return from scheduled breaks on time.
- Informs supervisor of changes in Residents’ condition and needs. Documents these
observations thoroughly and communicates any changes to other staff.
- Provides personal services for Residents in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assists relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Maintains a positive and professional environment and projects a calm and competent
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using
- Maintains assisted living area to be clean and odor free.
- Respond to Resident needs and requests.
- Promote a positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Immediately reports any personal accident or work-related injury to a supervisor.
- Ensures efficient use of company supplies, materials, tools, and resources.
- Shows attention to detail and has an acute sense of responsibility.
- Shows an ability to relate to and perform job functions for the elderly in a positive and
- Shows a consistent ability to coordinate multiple tasks. Has a positive attitude and works well under pressure.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding Residents, staff, and community.
- Work scheduled assigned hours on a daily/weekly basis with punctual attendance.
- Special projects/assignments as delegated by Director of Nursing.
- Assisting all other departments as needed or required
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to help other staff whenever necessary.
- Preferred but not required current certification as a nursing assistant or have successfully
completed the certified home health aide or homemaker/personal care homemaker
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-
one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written
or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Appearance is neat, clean, and according to dress code.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure
customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets
complex information; talks with residents, family members and customers; listens well.
- Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously
building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Able to be tactful; maintain confidences, foster an ethical work environment; give proper
credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Able to keep an open mind and change opinions on the basis of new information;
performs a variety tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage
transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.
- Physically able to stand and to work on hands and knees for long periods of time.
Full time position offers a competitive benefit program to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Home and Auto Discount program, Vendor Discount Program, 401(k) with matching contribution, Accrued Vacation, Sick, and Personal time and Paid Holiday Benefit. Employee referral bonus, and resident referral bonus.
If you are interested in applying or know someone to refer for the position please e-mail resume to email@example.com