Licensed Nursing Assistant/LNA
Location: Maple Ridge Memory Care and Lodge – Essex, VT 05452
Hours: Full Time – Day or Evening
The Licensed Nursing Assistant / LNA performs the resident services tasks as assigned by the Director of Nursing. Our services are a prime focus for our Resident Care department. This position provides service and care to each resident in a timely efficient manner. Maintain high resident and family satisfaction, meet high expectations, and ensure that HallKeen Assisted Living services are implemented in a service/customer focused manner.
$5,000 hiring incentive bonus for the right candidate. All bonuses to be paid per company policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to complete with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Provides activities of daily living assistance to the residents as directed from each
Resident’s Service Plan.
- Provides activities of daily living assistance to the residents as directed from each Resident’s Service
- Understands and complies with all Resident Rights.
- Works well with older adults of all abilities, showing understanding and patience.
- Prioritizes tasks to ensure optimum services to residents as requests and needs change.
- Regardless of which shift, this is an awake-position. Sleeping or resting while on duty is strictly not permitted and Associate must return from scheduled breaks on time.
- Informs supervisor of changes in Residents’ condition and needs. Documents these observations thoroughly and communicates any changes to other staff.
- Provides personal services for Residents in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assists relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Maintains a positive and professional environment and projects a calm and competent image.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment.
- Maintains assisted living area to be clean and odor free.
- Respond to Resident needs and requests.
- Promote a positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Immediately reports any personal accident or work-related injury to a supervisor.
- Ensures efficient use of company supplies, materials, tools, and resources.
- Shows attention to detail and has an acute sense of responsibility.
- Shows an ability to relate to and perform job functions for the elderly in a positive and efficient manner.
- Shows a consistent ability to coordinate multiple tasks. Has a positive attitude and works well under pressure.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding Residents, staff, and community.
- Work scheduled assigned hours on a daily/weekly basis with punctual attendance.
- Special projects/assignments as delegated by Director of Nursing.
- Assisting all other departments as needed or required
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to help other staff whenever necessary
- Preferred but not required current certification as a nursing assistant or have successfully
completed the certified home health aide or homemaker/personal care homemaker
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-
one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written
or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Appearance is neat, clean, and according to dress code.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure
customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets
complex information; talks with residents, family members and customers; listens well.
- Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously
building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Able to be tactful; maintain confidences, foster an ethical work environment; give proper
credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Able to keep an open mind and change opinions on the basis of new information;
performs a variety tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage
transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.
- Physically able to stand and to work on hands and knees for long periods of time.