Now Hiring: Laundry Associate
Full time position.
Your responsibilities will include maintaining cleanliness and organization in our laundry facilities, handling residents’ personal items with care, and providing prompt and efficient laundry services. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills. Previous experience in laundry services is a plus, but most importantly, we seek someone who is kind, patient, and understanding.
Apply now or read more below!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions include but are not limited to the fundamental job duties of the position to complete with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Sort, wash, dry, fold, and distribute residents’ personal laundry items, including clothing, bed linens, and towels, following specific care instructions.
- Operate washing machines, dryers, and other laundry equipment efficiently and safely.
- Inspect laundry items for stains, damage, or wear, and report any issues to the supervisor.
- Iron, press, and mend garments and linens as necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the laundry area, including regular cleaning of machines and work surfaces.
- Keep track of inventory levels for laundry supplies and inform the supervisor when supplies need to be replenished.
- Assist residents with labeling their personal items to prevent loss or mix-ups.
- Handle residents’ laundry requests promptly and courteously, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Adhere to infection control and safety procedures to maintain a clean and sanitized environment.
- Collaborate with other staff members to coordinate laundry schedules and ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Follow all community policies and guidelines regarding laundry procedures and resident privacy.
- Provide assistance and support to residents when needed, demonstrating empathy and patience.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as required to stay updated on laundry techniques and senior care best practices.
- Preferred: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to work the assigned schedule and shift.
- Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.
- Physically able to stand for periods of time up to 7.5 hours.