Now Hiring: Life Quality Assistant
– No experience required –
Full or part-time: 8am – 4pm
The Life Quality Assistant is there to improve the experience of our residents during their daily experience. This position provides assistance to each resident on a scheduled and unscheduled basis by helping the care staff with the necessary services to allow a purposeful and enjoyable experience. Not a position that requires you to do give personal care such as bathing to a resident is required, but this is a career ladder position that can lead to a higher paid, hands-on position, should the successful applicant desire it. The assistant will help with maintaining the clean appearance of the surroundings, may serve meals or snacks, may participate in activities and trips, and may provide one on one companionship for individual residents. In addition, you will help maintain high resident and family satisfaction, meet our service expectations, and ensure that HallKeen Assisted Living services are implemented in a service/customer focused manner.
Apply now or read more below!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions include but are not limited to the fundamental job duties of the position to complete with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Provides activities of daily living assistance to the residents as directed from each Resident’s Service Plan.
- Works well with older adults of all abilities, showing understanding and patience.
- Informs supervisor of changes in Residents’ condition and needs. Documents these observations thoroughly and communicates any changes to other staff.
- Assists relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Maintains a positive and professional environment and projects a calm and competent image.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment.
- Maintains assisted living area to be clean and odor free.
- Respond to Resident needs and requests.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ensures efficient use of company supplies, materials, tools, and resources.
- Shows a consistent ability to coordinate multiple tasks. Has a positive attitude and works well under pressure.
- Leading Resident activities, serving food and tidying the dining room at and after all meals.
- Preferred: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to work the assigned schedule and shift.
- Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.
- Physically able to stand for periods of time up to 7.5 hours.