Now Hiring: Housekeeper
Full time position.
Every other weekend 7am – 3:30pm
Your responsibilities will include dusting, sweeping, mopping, and ensuring all areas are sanitized to the highest standards. We seek an individual with an eye for detail, a warm and friendly demeanor, and a genuine passion for helping others. Experience in housekeeping is valued, but most importantly, we are searching for someone who takes pride in their work and finds fulfillment in creating a home-like atmosphere for our residents. In return, we offer a supportive and nurturing work environment, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of a team that truly makes a difference in the lives of seniors.
Apply now or read more below!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Cleans public areas and resident’s apartments, including bathrooms, kitchens, patios & windows, floors, furniture and common areas.
Performs all housekeeping duties including:
- Distributing laundered articles and linens.
- Changing beds.
- Cleaning public restrooms and replenishing supplies as needed
- Sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; cleaning rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusting furniture and equipment.
- Polishing metalwork.
- Washing walls, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
Performs all laundry duties including:
- Maintains resident laundry areas including mopping floors and washing walls regularly.
- Washes windows at reasonable heights throughout the community as requested.
- Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
- Disinfects and sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Stocks cleaning cart with supplies.
- Empties wastebaskets, and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Ensures with maintenance that trash and dumpster areas are clean.
- Assists with maintenance work orders for any maintenance repairs as needed.
- Reports resident issues or changes in health or living status promptly.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions or maintenance related issues promptly to Supervisor.
- Report on-the-job injuries to a supervisor before the end of the day on the day an injury occurs.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to operate cleaning equipment such as: mangle, iron, washer & dryer, brooms, mops, vacuums, etc
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Able to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Able to print and speak simple sentences in English.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, ethics.
- Able to keep an open mind and adapts to varying customer needs.
- Arrives to work on time.
- Appearance is neat, clean, and according to dress code.
- Observes safety and security procedures using equipment and materials.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work performed.
- Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.
- Physically able to stand and to work on hands and knees for long periods of time.
Full time position offers a competitive benefit program to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Home and Auto Discount program, Vendor Discount Program, 401(k) with matching contribution, Accrued Vacation, Sick, and Personal time and Paid Holiday Benefit. Employee referral bonus, and resident referral bonus.