Location: Maple Ridge Memory Care and Lodge – Essex, VT 05452
Hours: Full Time and Part Time
Vermont’s Newest Assisted Living Facility has Full and Part time Medication Tech positions
available. The Med Tech is responsible for providing the highest degree of quality care and
services by administering medications and treatments in a safe, organized manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to, administration of medications, documentation of
medication administration, training of new med techs, and overseeing current med techs. The
Med Tech also serves as Resident Care Provider/LNA as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to complete with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Must go through and pass the Medication Administration class.
- Able to properly and safely set and administer all medications including diabetic and narcotic medications.
- Report all refusal of medications to nurse and ensure proper documentation is completed.
- Checks all med books/EMAR and ensures that meds have been given, treatments completed, and all initials are complete throughout shift.
- Able to properly chart medications administered and immediately report to the nurse those medications not administered for any reason.
- Receives medication updates from DON or Wellness Nurse.
- Utilizes Omniview
- Maintains current orders are accurate and medications are available at all times and all shifts
- Maintains current supplies for medications (insulin supplies, cups, spoons) for all shifts on med cart
- Maintains accurate labeling and EMAR for the medications and med carts.
- Audit med cart weekly
- Audit medications for expired medications
- Communicate to physician offices for needs of refills or new scripts in a timely manner so medications do not run out.
- Communicate to families in a timely manner to need for refills so medications do not run out.
- Communicate any and all resident changes to wellness nurse
- Train and assist all med techs
- Communicate any changes or information to all med techs as needed
- Attend all quarterly med tech meetings
- Understands that residents come first and assisting them whenever necessary.
- Understands and complies with all Resident Rights.
- Regardless of which shift, this is an awake-position. Sleeping or resting while on duty is strictly not permitted and Associate must return from scheduled breaks on time.
- Maintains a positive and professional environment and projects a calm and competent image.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Immediately reports any personal accident or work-related injury to a supervisor.
- Ensures efficient use of company supplies, materials, tools, and resources.
- Shows attention to detail and has an acute sense of responsibility.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding Residents, staff, and community.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to help other staff whenever necessary.
- Completed the Medication Administration Course with the RN
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-
on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Appearance is neat, clean, and according to dress code.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets
complex information; talks with residents, family members and customers; listens well.
- Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Able to be tactful; maintain confidences, foster an ethical work environment; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Able to keep an open mind and change opinions on the basis of new information; performs a variety tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.